Layla of Be Not Afeard has nominated me for the tell me about yourself award. Since I don’t think there are too many rules to this, just to provide a smattering of little known facts about me…I am actually responding! What?! I know. I am usually too busy/lazy/unorganized to respond to these things…
1. I love to going to Knott’s Scary Farm during Halloween. I make myself a bundle of nerves and suddenly things that jump out at me scare screams out of me. Hey, its fun!
2. I lived in NYC during a garbage strike, 9/11, an MTA strike and the tri-state blackout. It toughened me up.
3. I go hiking every weekend with my dog Luke – who is named after Cool Hand, not Skywalker.
4. I procrastinate a lot. My house is usually only really clean when I have something even worse I need to accomplish.
5. I want to write a short story this year. I am going to force myself NOT to wait until December 15th to start it. (#4 ya know). No, I haven’t started writing yet, though my sister and I are working on an idea.
6. My first reaction to almost anything is to laugh. It is highly inappropriate at times but I can’t help myself.
7. I can and do quote Young Frankenstein and The Simpsons fairly often and lately those Christopher Guest movies; Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman.
8. When I heard the title 16 Candles I thought it was a horror film. I was picturing creepy candelabras, not a birthday cake. That is where my brain takes things. One other instance of odd brain behavior, when I was little and the nuns told me that God didn’t want me to keep anything “in” I thought God was really concerned about my bathroom habits. (?!?)
9. I memorized the first few lines of Canterbury Tales by Chaucer in ye olde english for my junior year english class. I can still mostly recite it. Wan that abril with his shores sote the drought of marche hath perced to the roote… I can also recite The Jabberwock. (look at me go!)
10. My sister and I are going to run this year’s Bay to Breakers in San Francisco and just decided we are going to dress up too. I need to get into shape!
11. I am really bad about responding to blog awards and chain letters.
So, now that you know a little more about me, please tell me a random fact about you!