Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
I don’t much go in for the holidays on the calendar, but why not a list a bunch of my favorite book couples?
So in no particular order and please realize I don’t tend to read pure romance nor have I read any of the contemporary YA books that are being devoured and have devoted fans all over the interwebs (YET)…these are my current favorite book couples (the first 10 favorite I remembered anyway). From this list it is painfully obvious I go for the couples who fight the falling in love part, and then fight because it is fun. Hah! Putting this together caused me to stare sightless at my bookshelves…it was fun, but I need to shake off their siren song and do something else! So without further ado…
2. Andrea and Raphael also from the Magic Bites series and the spinoff Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews – they are werehyenas and they play jokes on their intended. They fight hard and play hard.
4. Cat and Bones from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost – of course more snark and “fighting”, they are hilarious and smoking hot!
5. Mercy and Riley from the Psy/Changeling series book Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh – two alphas, cats and dogs living together, simply crazy good fun!
6. Miss Bennett and Mr. Darcy by Jane Austen – duh. When her dad told her she had to respect the man she married…that book had me.
8. Dallas and Roarke from In Death series by JD Robb – they are such a pain the butt to each other and are exactly what they need
9. Mercy and Adam from the Mercedes Thompson series by Patricia Briggs – we weren’t sure who she would end up with, but they are stronger for each other, work well together and Mercy pushes his buttons 🙂
10. Elena and Clay in the Women of the Underworld by Kelley Armstrong. Two werewolves with abilities that complement. They had a rocky start but are so wonderful now.
My last pick is actually from a movie, I used to LOVE this movie…Immortal Beloved. I loved the music and it is a mystery about Beethoven and who he wrote his letters to. Holy crud…I haven’t seen that in forever, I need to watch it sometime soon. Sniff *love* though it might have been partially Gary Oldman too.
Who is your favorite book or movie couple?
addendum, 1. I forgot to schedule this post so I can write this here, I also love The Fifth Element, Lilu and Dallas…but do I love it for their romance or for the cheesy sci fi and silly story? Also, he is attracted to her right away, but that doesn’t make it insta-love right? I was thinking about this on the drive into work and had no one to talk to about it. Happy Valentine’s Day! My niece calls it gooey heart day. 🙂