Happy Friday campers! Last weekend I went to visit my friend in El Segundo. We took the pups out on the strand down at Manhattan Beach. It was a lovely day, in the 80s and we got a taste of spring/summer. Everyone was out! Twas awesome. However, to be allowed to leave the house for the weekend, my toll was to make my super yummy yellow chocolate cake. Below is the easy peasy, nearly cheater recipe. It is super moist and always turns out great AND if you want a chocolate extravaganza, just swap for chocolate cake and pudding mixes. Enjoy!
1 package yellow cake mix
1 5.9 oz vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake everything but the chips. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into a well-greased 12 cup bundt pan.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until top is springy and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a serving plate. If desired dust with powdered sugar OR Satiny Chocolate Glaze.
Satiny Chocolate Glaze
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combmine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup (I have also successfully and unsuccessfully done this part in the microwave in short bursts while stirring in between – the unsuccessful recipes were just thicker and tasted fine). Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, don’t over-cook. Then add vanilla.
2. Spread glaze over tops of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.