My first participation in the Top Ten Tuesday meme by The Broke and the Bookish. A lot of the blogs I follow participate so I decided to today, because yes, if my books were toys like those from Toy Story, I have a lot of sad, neglected and bored books on my shelves! In some cases (too many) there are multiples for a series.
1. Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore – This wasn’t so long ago…but I had to get the colorful hardcover. It is gorgeous and I need to read it.
2. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, along with The Lacuna. Haven’t touched them.
3. The Highlander series by Karen Marie Moning. I read the first 2 which were good, the other 5 or so are waiting.
4. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward – I read the first two or three, I just got book 10 from paperbackswap. I keep collecting them for “some day”.
5. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead, the 6th in the Vampire Academy series. It is the last book, why can’t I read it? It has been waiting for at least a year.
6. Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead – I liked Vampire Academy so I grabbed this at a used bookstore a few years ago…
7. Absolute Midnight by Clive Barker – the 3rd Abarat book I got for myself and my mom when it first came out. I don’t think either of us have read it yet. We tell ourselves we are building suspense or some sort of crap like that.
8. The Magician’s by Lev Grossman – I really wanted this for some Christmas or other
9. Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments. I read City of Bone but haven’t touched the other four or so I have.
10. The Thorn Birds, Emma, Vanity Fair…le sigh, it doesn’t end.