My first post for the A-to-Z Challenge 2013! My theme for April will be a mash-up of my hobbies, since these are the things I do on a daily/weekly basis, they make sense for me. Books, cooking/baking and hiking/outdoors. Also, a HUGE thank you to Arlee Bird of Tossing it Out, the founder of the A to Z Challenge, this is only my second year, but I love April now. 🙂
Today I am going to list the top five most-read Authors I have from goodreads.com. Honestly I haven’t listed all the books I have read in my life on goodreads (I was addicted to Clive Cussler years ago but can’t remember the book names), but it is close enough. Since these are authors that write series that I love, it makes sense!
1. Tamora Pierce at 24 – I LOVE her books with her strong coming-of-age heroines. They are all middle grade to young adult and they are not to be missed.
2. Laurel K Hamilton at 23 – Anita Blake was the first urban fantasy series I really chomped into. The books have devolved into paranormal romance/erotica and the plots have suffered for it in my opinion, though I will eventually catch up with the series for old times sake and in the hope things turn around. **fingers crossed**
3. Kelley Armstrong at 19 – I absolutely adore her Women of the Underworld series. If you like Paranormal/Urban Fantasy check them out. She also has a YA spinoff and an assassin mystery series and she keeps changing things up.
4. Patricia Briggs at 18 – either Urban Fantasy or pure fantasy, Patricia Briggs writes some excellent stories with relateable characters. This number would be higher if I counted the rereads.
5. Ilona Andrews and Kim Harrison at 14 – these ladies will be higher when they write more books! Urban fantasy with a love interest. Awesome world and character building.
I seem to be addicted to a certain genre as well as the authors…Are you addicted to any particular author? Do tell.